AN INTRODUCTION TO COACHING
COACHING BENEFITS AND PROCESS
This article explains what is coaching, do we need a coach, an introduction about ICF, the benefits of coaching and the process involved.
What is Coaching
- Coach acts as a sounding board.
- Mentoring gives advise, coaching never provide advise.
- Mentor has to be a domain expert. Coach partners with the client and helps him to improve.
Do we need a Coach?
- Even the top champion in sports work with the Coach.
- One who wants to grow and get better, working with the coach is beneficial.
- The Coach motivates one to take action and gets solution one’s problem and challenges.
ICF – International Coaching Federation
- It is world’s largest organization for the advancement of Coaching Federation.
- Founded in 1995. It has 35000 plus members in more than 140 countries.
- It works towards enhancing awareness in coaching and upgrading the integrity of the profession.
ICF Credential holders
- They are part elite coachers, who provide commitment to the client and the profession.
- They have gone through rigorous education practice and exams that provide on the commitment to excellence in coaching.
- Coaching improves productivity of people. Coaching helps to improve the decision making process and productivity.
Coaching along with mentoring helps an organisation to
- Get the best out of people
- Improve team work
- Retaining the employee
- It has practically helped me to improve my creativity, decision making
And leadership skills
The process will be
- Weekly one session each session may be 1 to 1 1/2 hour
- A person goes through 10 to 12 sessions plus one agenda setting session.
- Person’ s issues are explored in each session